Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Today Is A Big Day!

So today is a pretty important day in the adoption process for our little Charlie. In order for her new parents to be able to pursue adoption, my and the father's parental rights had to be terminated. I signed a document several weeks ago in order to terminate mine, but because the father has not been an active participant in any of this, they had to summon him to court. That court hearing was today, and (shocker) he didn't show up, so the judge is then allowed to sign over his rights for him. So now that we have moved passed this hurdle, the new parents can officially start the adoption process!

I was so excited to get this news today, I immediately wrote a little message to the mom and shared my joy for her and their family. She was crying tears of joy and relief as she had also heard the news. It really is so beautiful to see how excited and happy they are to be given the opportunity to raise this beautiful little girl. She will soon become part of their family forever and I am so excited for them, but more importantly, I'm excited for Charlie. She has such amazing parents in these two people and will have a truly beautiful life ahead of her.

Little Charlie is starting to really take in the world...in the pictures I get, she seems to really be looking around and observing what a wonderful place God has created for us. She has also been more smiley and seems to be developing quite a personality! She loves people and being social...her mom was telling me that they had friends over the other night and Charlie wouldn't go to sleep until after they had left. She's like me that way...doesn't want to miss all the fun! Can't blame her, she's so loved by all of her new family and friends. Who wouldn't want to spend time with them?

Well, here's to the beginning of a wonderful, rich, blessed and loving life for you, sweet baby girl. Wherever your heart may take you, I will always be there. I love you so much! Can't wait until you are able to really understand just how much I love you!!




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment