Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015: What A Year

This year has been like a whirlwind and I can't believe tomorrow will be the first day of 2016! This year has been filled with so much excitement, change, love and growth for the both of us, little Charlie. No matter what has happened throughout the year, it seems like my love for you continues to grow with each day. I have said to my mother a million times that I never knew I could love another person this much...it's too hard to explain in words. And even though I don't get to see you all the time, you are embedded in my heart and there isn't a single day that goes by where I don't think about you.

So lets talk about what has happened this year....and you'll start to understand just how amazing it's been!

-You started to grow teeth and now have an almost full set of chompers.
-I moved to my first apartment all by myself (without roommates) and loved it.
-Your dad continued his education and somehow maintained a 4.0.
-My parents sold my childhood home and downsized.
-You started to walk and your mom started to panic daily.
-I got promoted at work and started my new role as a trainer.
-Your aunt and uncle bought a house right in your neighborhood.
-I moved to Columbus, Ohio.
-You turned one!
-I taught your parents how to use FaceTime.
-You started to learn how to talk.
-I had my first IKEA experience.
-You switched to eating real food instead of just formula.
-I spent entirely too much money on makeup.
-You learned how fun it is to dance to good music.

....and all the while, my love for you just won't stop growing.

We got to spend an entire day together yesterday and our visit was so much fun! You were talkative, smiley and so excited about the Christmas presents you got to open. I would ask you, "Do you like opening presents?" And of course, you would smile and say, "YAH!" It was so sweet and it was amazing to see you responding to questions so easily. You are obviously a baby genius. 

This year, my parents got you a cool learning toy called a See & Say. It is going to help you learn the alphabet and new words as you grow your baby vocabulary. I got you a super cool car toy that makes noise when you steer and has a million buttons for you to enjoy. Your mom always tells me about how you love to go for drives and like to look at cars outside of your window, so I figured this would be a good choice for you. :) 


Here's to another amazing year, baby! I love you so much!! :-*

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment